Environmental Noise Measurement & Control
Environmental Evaluation has extensive experience of assessing environmental noise including measurement in support of Planning Applications, IPPC and Noise Nuisance Investigations.
The environmental noise investigations are undertaken with reference to relevant standards and guidance including the following;
- BS 4142:1997 “Method for rating industrial noise affecting mixed residential and industrial areas”.
- Department for the Environment, Transport and Regions’ Planning Policy Guidance Document: PPG24 “Planning and Noise”.
- Environment Agency IPPC H3 “Horizontal guidance for noise”.
- BS 7445:1991 “Description and measurement of environmental noise”.
- BS 5228:1997 “Noise and vibration control on construction and open sites Parts 1 to 5″.
- MPG 11: “Minerals Planning Guidance: The Control of Noise at Surface Mineral Workings”.
Personnel undertaking noise investigations have attained at least the Institute of Acoustics ‘Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement’
The noise investigations are undertaken using Class 1 sound level meters which are calibrated annually at a UKAS calibration laboratory.
We also have extensive experience in producing noise control management plans both for nuisance and IPPC/PPC purposes.