Asbestos Air Monitoring & 4 Stage Clearances
Environmental Evaluation Ltd is accredited to ISO 17025 for asbestos sampling and analysis.
Environmental Evaluation personnel are trained to BOHS P403 Asbestos Fibre Counting & P404 Air sampling and clearance testing of asbestos.
Following the completion of asbestos remedial works, a five stage Certificate of Reoccupation procedure is undertaken for the works areas.
This procedure includes:
- Stage one – a preliminary check of the site condition and job completeness
- Stage two – a thorough visual inspection of the enclosure/work area
- Stage three – clearance air monitoring
- Stage four – final assessment post enclosure/work area dismantling
- Stage five – inspection and testing of the hygiene facility.
Sampling and Analysis of Fibres in Air
The method is defined in HSG248 ‘Asbestos: The analysts’ guide for sampling, analysis and clearance procedures’, published by the Health and Safety Executive and is employed using in-house documented techniques in accordance with our schedule of UKAS accreditation.